NESSTP Metcalf Neuroscience Internship
The NESSTP Summer Research Program application for 2023 is now available on handshake: https://uchicago.joinhandshake.com/jobs/7248191. The application deadline has been extended to March 19th.
Summer Program Description: This internship supports independent research during the summer quarter for UChicago undergraduate students with an interest in Neuroscience research. No research experience is required. It is recommended but not required that students identify a laboratory and faculty mentor before applying. For help identifying potential faculty mentors, see this Neuroscience Faculty list. If necessary, we will work with those accepted into the internship to identify a suitable laboratory. Interns are expected to work full-time in a Neuroscience laboratory on campus, toward completion of their proposed project and participate in weekly meetings.
- The 10-week program occurs during the summer quarter and students may not register for any courses or have other employment during this time.
- A $5,000 stipend is awarded to accepted applicants.
- Letters of recommendation for applicants are optional, but if requested should come from a University of Chicago faculty member, instructor or TA and should be submitted by the application deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org. If a faculty research mentor has already been identified, that person should provide the letter.
- The University of Chicago NESSTP is a federally funded program that follows the eligibility guidelines set by NIH. U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required of all participants.
- Individuals from groups underrepresented in biomedical research are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications are encouraged from any individuals with a demonstrated commitment to increase the full participation of underrepresented groups in biomedicine.
- Questions may be addressed to email@example.com.
- 2023 NESSTP Application on handshake: https://uchicago.joinhandshake.com/jobs/7248191
- Notice of NIH’s Interest in Diversity: https://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-20-031.html
- UChicago Neuroscience Institute – faculty list: https://neuroscience.uchicago.edu/faculty
- Career Advancement Summer City guide: https://careeradvancement.uchicago.edu/student-opportunities/metcalf-internship/city-guides